Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hunter has been off and on the HiFi vent. On Monday I was able to hold her and talk to her about our future together. On Tuesday I got up with the anticipation of holding Hunter again. During my morning call to the nurse I was informed that Hunter was back on HiFi. When Hunter is on HiFi her little body vibrates due to the rapid breaths the vent gives her lungs to reduce Co2 levels. While she is on HiFi I can't hold her. Until Hunters lungs mature she will have these ups and downs. The NICU team is toying with the idea of giving Hunter steroids like decadron or hydrocortison to assist in developing her lungs. Steroids are scary due to the side effects but on the other hand it will increase Hunters ability to breath on room air. I would be able to pick her up and hold her without worrying about her ventilator. During the next few days please focus your prayers to develop Hunters lungs and to be free of infection. Your prayers have worked! Hunters infections in her lungs are almost gone. The sputum cultures are showing +1 which is the smallest level right before its gone completely. Another blessing is Hunter has never showed physical signs of have pneumonia or MRSA. She has been feisty from birth. Please keep praying for my Gracey girl pray warriors. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI LITTLE ANGEL GRACIE,
YOUR MOM SAID YOU WERE A FEISTY ONE, WELL I DON'T KNOW YOUR DAD BUT IF YOU ARE HALF AS FEISTY AS YOUR MOM, YOU ARE 99% WELL ON YOUR WAY TO NORMAL. WE ARE STILL SENDING UP PRAYERS DAILY AND WILL BE UNTIL YOU ARE SAFE AND SOUND AT HOME AND WE ARE SENDING ALL OUR LOVE TO YOU, MOM, AND DAD.

AUNTIES RENEE, VELDA, AND G.G. GOE

GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
OOh! Tasha, she is so Cute! I cry everytime I see her little pictures.

She is gonna be a princess you know!

I pray for her everyday, she is saved in my favorites so I can check in on her every morning!

I just wanna kiss her wittle checks and I know you do too!

Isn't God amazing, I am a witness that he is worthy to be praised.

Eakita

April 17, 2008 12:23 PM


Anonymous said...
My neice is as beautiful as she could be from the first time I saw her I knew she was strong. She's a fighter and always will be! When she was coming in to this world I was elected by God to be a GRACEY GIRL PRAYER WARRIOR! And I will fight with her till the day she comes home!

Your Auntie
Rachel

April 19, 2008 4:35 PM