Tuesday was daddy day. I graciously gave up my holding time with Gracey so Charles could have some skin to skin kangaroo time. He seemed nervous at first. When the nurse placed this 2lb baby on the chest of this 6’5 man, they seemed to melt together. Gracey snuggled right on her daddy’s chest and went to sleep. At first I was being the overbearing mother; checking Gracey’s temp, foot placement, arm position and if Charles and his large hands were smashing my baby. After taking just a few thousand pictures I sat down and just watched the two of them bond.
During my Tuesday morning phone call the nurse said that Hunter was having periods of apnea (stop breathing) and brady cardia (low pulse). The nurse informed me that if this continues Hunter would have to go back on the ventilator. She said that they would watch her for one more hour. I called my mother so she could call all the prayer warriors. Hunter needed a double duty prayer session. One hour later the medical team decided not to re ventilate her. They added an oxygen monitoring rate of 20. This gives Hunter a little push when she gets tired or forgets to breath. The power of prayer is priceless. On Wednesday the morning phone call was excellent. The nurse reported that all night and morning Hunter has had no breathing issues and just one brady cardia. By the time I arrived Hunter was doing so well her oxygen rate was lowered to 17. Holding my daughter every day is a joy. For the first time I was able to kiss her on the cheek. I couldn't control myself, one kiss turned into five. I wanted to eat her up.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Anonymous said...
Girl !! I am crying tears of joy and praise. I dont even know what else to say. I love you. Talk to you soon. -Karen
April 23, 2008 11:44 AM
SandiD said...
Hi,
Just caught up with the blog from the past few days. Amazing Gracey is doing wonderful. I praise God for every report you send regarding how well she is doing. God truly has His Hand on her. God performs miracles for a reason so we know He has an awesome purpose for Hunter Grace. Tasha and Charles, I continue to pray for you and God's strength to gird you up each day.
Love,
Aunt Sandi
April 23, 2008 11:32 PM
Post a Comment