Every day I see changes in Hunter. She's gaining weight weekly, new facial expressions and the ability to suck on a pacifier. Hunters lungs are still immature and unable to regulate the Co2 levels. The NICU team started Hunter on the steroid decadron on Thursday. Her Co2 levels dropped below 65, which is good but to lower her O2 she needs to be below 55. Today the MD came by as I was kangarooing, he increased her decadron and added 7 days to the order. The MD feels with Hunter being so young she needs a little more time. He wants to ween her off the vent aggressively. The MD also increased her feedings. Every 6 hours the nurses are going to add 1cc to Hunters breast milk until she reaches 17cc's. She's now at 10cc's and tolerating it perfectly. Her little belly is doing so well with mommy's milk. Our favorite nurse Shelby received a welcome back package this morning from Hunter 5 times in a row. I guess it's Hunters way of letting us know her bowels are working. She had been holding it for 2 days.
Now that Hunter is off the HiFi vent I have been holding her every day. I love feeling her little toes on my stomach and feeling her facial expressions on my chest. Soon her vent tube will be out of her mouth. She'll be able to feel her top lip and I'll be and to kiss her and pick her up without fear. The miracle of her life and her daily strength help me to see God's will. I know Hunter Grace's daily blessings are due to the power of prayer.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment