Monday, April 21, 2008
One step closer
Hallelujah, praise the Lord. Gracey is off of the ventilator. On Sunday Hunter's blood tests were so good the nurses lowered the vent rate until it was time for the tube to come out. The nurse said Hunter let out a little cry when the tube was removed. The next step in the respiratory department is a CPAP. This is a tube with prongs that go in her nose. The tube is connected to a monitor that regulates the oxygen rate. To me it looks like those hats you see at football games that have a beer can on each side. I've never seen Hunters top lip due to the tape from the vent. Now she is able to suck on a pacifier with ease. Her voice is still horse but she has a little whisper of a cry. Hunter is a very strong little girl. Every day I hold her and talk to her about our future. She taps her fingers on my chest and nestles her head on my breast, when she does these things it lets me know she knows mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tasha, everytime i read the blogs, i want to screen and shout for joy. I want to praise God in ways i have never praised him before. Thank you for sharing Hunters developement with us as it helps me as a person 1st and a soldier 2nd. I hope to one day meet your precious gift but in the mean-time give her a kiss from me. I love you cousin and i can only continue to pray for you, Hunter and dad. Keep the faith darling and hope to see you someday soon.
Ireane Norton-Jones
Post a Comment