Sunday, April 27, 2008
When the NICU calls
Charles and I were awakened by a phone call from the NICU nurse this morning. We were almost afraid to answer. Seeing the NICU on your caller ID can send chills down your spine. The nurse informed us that Hunter had a septic work up. Basically they are testing her blood and urine for an infection. Hunter’s last blood count found elevated white blood cells. This means there is an infection somewhere. Hunter’s tummy is distended but soft. This could be an intestinal infection. They have stopped giving her breast milk for a few days and have added a suction bottle to her feeding tube. So instead of food going in her tummy they are sucking every thing out. They are going to take x-rays of her tummy daily to rule out infection. She will get lipids and TPN (protein) in her IV. Hunter’s bowel and bladder show no signs of infection. I have faith in the Lord so let God’s will be done. I believe God did not create this miracle of Grace to take her home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My sister I love you so much and trust what your going through you are such a part of my heart that I could burst into tears as well! But God is given you strength everyday! I know you and my Gracey will make it through.
Love Always,
Rachel, Gracey Girl Prayer Warrior!
Tasha I am praying for her. She is a fighter!
Post a Comment