Friday, April 4, 2008
Daily Blessings
Every day Gracey gets stronger and her will to live amazes me. Charles and I are truly blessed to be able to sit with her daily. Today her Co2 was stable and her ventilator rate stayed at 18. They will lower her rate slower if her Co2 stays between 45 and 65. Gracey is at 60. The nurses check her blood gases every 4 hours. Yesterday her blood cell count showed that her white blood cell count was elevated. This indicates that she has an infection some where. Today her culture showed that the infection was not from her IVs or her ventilator. Gracey's lab tests today shows that the infection is going away. She appears very comfortable with no visual signs of being sick. Like all babies she hates having her diaper changed. She cries and opens her eyes. I love it when her eyes are open but she needs to sleep. Gracey's feeding is increasing every 12 hours by 0.5 cc's. The max is 10 cc's. Then they will start adding nutrients to my breast milk to fatten her up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi. Your site was forwarded to me by a friend of yours, Debbie Wright. You and your family have been added to the prayer list, and I am sending this on the prayer warriors that I know. I'm looking forward to the wonderful testimony of God's miracles in this sweet girl's life.
-Vondelprqphjro
Ireane Norton-Jones said...
I am so glad about Graceys condition. We are still praying as it is clear that she is a growing strong lil mama. Kiss her for us as we have fallen in love already.
Ireane
April 4, 2008 5:35 PM
Gracys, everytime I see your picture and read the updates from your parents, I have tears of joy.
Ps. 149 Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy upon their couches. Sing to the Lord a new song of praise in the assembly by the faithful. (Alleluia)
April 4, 2008 11:52 PM
I cant tell how over whelmed I am to see my sister holding her child!Holding your child is one of the most intimate moments we ever have in life. Never let anyone say "you hold your child too much" because before you know it that time will be gone. Im so greatful that God has blessed you with something I know you've longed awaited for and it brings me to tears, tears of joy and hope for you and my niece. I honestly have been sitting here staring at her pictures for the last half hour. I know she is strong I can see it in her. It is a long rode and like all things you'll have ups and downs but carry God with you each day and I know he will give you the strength and tenacity to carry you through each moment. I love you and am truely blessed that I was able to be there with you when you brought her into the world. It is something I will never forget and puts you and my Gracey in an extremely special place in my heart. I love you all so much.
Your Sister,
Rachel
Post a Comment