Today was a good day. So far all of Huntersl lab cultures came back infection free. She's on the lowest setting on the cpap oxygen, fewer bradycardia (low heart rate) episodes and no apnea (stop breathing) episodes. Hunter's breast milk was held due to abdominal distention and possilble infection but with no signs of infection the feedings will start again on Sunday. The Nurse Practitioner is very happy that Hunter has shown no physical signs of infection. The fact that Hunter fights the nurses every step of the way shows good energy.
Hunter is maturing every day. My normal day in the NICU starts with me walking up to Hunter's crib and talking to her. Today she opened her eyes and looked right at me. I thought I had imagined it but every time I talked, her eyes would open or she would wiggle. Holding Hunter today was also different. I've never seen her more comfortable. I truly believe we have a connection now. My voice comforts my baby. The power of a mother is awesome.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i just needed a little update. i'm so glad you shared the website with me. i am missing hunter and am looking forward to spending the weekend with her. i'm so glad her cultures are all negative:) what a blesssing. you are all in my thoughts....shelby
Post a Comment