Monday, April 14, 2008

Special moments

I held my baby girl today. After 5 days of Hunter being on the Hi’Fi vent her Co2 levels stayed in the range of 45 – 65. Every time the nurses tell me that I can kangaroo with Hunter I get a burst of energy. I practically rip open my blouse regardless of male docs or nurses. They place her on my skin with her head on my chest and her body on my tummy. I wrapped us both in oven warm blankets. Hunter wiggled her body just enough to get comfortable. Today she was raising her eye brows and flaring her nostrils. I could feel her facial movements on my breast. As I rocked her in the rocking chair I prayed. I Thanked God for these moments. As I looked around the NICU I prayed for God to bless the other babies and their parents. Hunter and I were so cozy and warm the hour and a half flew by. Her vital signs were excellent the whole time. I just want to give a special thank you to Cindy and Becka for knitting the hats for Hunter she looks beautiful in them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mondays report was so beautiful it made me cry with joy. Angels was in that warm blanket with you and Gracie and the arms of The Lord will be around her always as will the Prayers of Aunties Renee and Velda and G.G.Goe.

All our love to the Thomas family.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the hats. You're very welcome. I would love to make some more hats for your precious little Hunter. I check the blog at least every couple of days to see how she's doing.

God Bless!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry i just found out and I will continue saying prayer for the family and a very special pryer for Hunter . But of course God and her guardian angles are their watching over your precious baby and you all take care and continue knowing we all are praying for you.Lots of Love your cousin.
Rosalious and Family.