Sunday, April 13, 2008
BABY FAT
Hunter is doing very well. She is 26 weeks and 5 days. She weights 1lb and 10 oz’s. Hunter is tolerating all of her breast milk. She now gets 10 cc’s of fortified breast milk every 3 hours. Every day she changes. Hunter has baby fat on her neck and cheeks. I can’t wait until she gets all fat and juicy. Hunter is off of the HiFi vent and back on the conventional vent. Her Co2 levels are staying in the parameters of 45 – 65 and all vital signs are stable. Yesterday when I was watching her, she wiggled just enough to get her arms and legs free from the swaddle blanket. She started doing karate moves with all her limbs. This scared me but then I remembered how much she moved when she was in my tummy. She danced around for 2 – 3 minutes then settled with her left hand and fingers spread over her face. When I was pregnant I used to say if men could get pregnant they would have invented away to conceive then remove the amniotic sac with baby, put it in a jar and watch baby grow for 9 months. I didn’t realize the NICU is so sophisticated with technology and skill; it’s the next best thing. The nurses, np and docs are amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was invited to meet Hunter for the firt time up close. She is so pretty,very thing about her is special. Hunter is a wonderful add to the thomas family. GOD keep blessing them all.
Love G-mom
G.G. Goe said...
Good morning Hunter, Mom, and Dad:
The reports are getting better which means everyones Prayers are lifting the three of you up to safer grounds. THANK THE GOOD LORD!
I keep all of you in my prayers every night and read Hunter's reports every day and EVERY THING is going to be alright for the Thomas family with the grace of God.
All my Love,
G. G. Goe
April 12, 2008 12:19 PM
Ireane Norton-Jones said...
We are still praying and all of you guys are still in our prayers.
Hunter is beautiful just like her mommy...
Ireane
April 13, 2008 2:58 PM
Post a Comment