Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bonding

I have been sick for 3 days and couldn't see my baby girl. Today was my first day to see Hunter. She looks so good. She's getting fat in all the right places. Hunter's weekend primary nurse (Shelby) recommended to the Dr.'s that Hunter might be ready to dry breast feed. The purpose is so mother and baby can bond, baby can get used to the nipple and mommy's milk can increase. Today was my day. I was so excited I practically was bouncing. Hunter and I melted together. She latched on to the nipple with no problem and started sucking away. The lactation nurse (Ruth) was amazed. Ruth told Hunter's other favorite nurse (Jill) that she has never dry breastfeed with a 31 weeker and she never expected Hunter to do so well. Ruth at first told me that if she doesn't latch on it doesn't matter. She repeated," it is only for the purpose of bonding." I keep telling every one that my baby is honor roll. Hello!!!!!!!! Hunters success is do to God first and the wonderful staff at the NICU.

3 comments:

nurselovescoke said...

SandiD said...
Hi Tasha,

I enjoyed catching up on the blogs from the past week. I hope you had a great very first Mother's Day. Baby Hunter continues to grow and develop as our prayers go up to God and His blessings and favor come down to you, Charles, Hassan, and Hunter.

I love you all,
Auntie Sandi

May 12, 2008 11:10 AM

nurselovescoke said...

Anonymous said...
Hi Tasha I get my heart all warmed up every morning Coffee and Hunter!

She is so pretty Tasha, I just love the pictures with her eyes open.

She looks like she's saying Hi Mom!

I love her so much I can't wait to meet her.

Please call me as soon as you can I have some info for you.


Eakita

May 14, 2008 8:22 AM

nurselovescoke said...

abishop said...
Hello Charles, Tasha, Hassan & my little miracle child Hunter. I want to thank you guys for touching my heart in many ways. You are truly the meaning of love & committment. Your strengths are an example to us all who take so many things for granted!!! I can't wait until the day that I am able to meet little Ms. Hunter!
We love you guys & please do not hesitate to call us for anything!!!!

Love,

John, Abi & Ilan Bishop

p.s. Hunter, Ilan would like to schedule a play date with you!!!!!

May 14, 2008 1:26 PM