Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Honor Roll

It's been a while and I have a lot to report. Hunter Grace was started on dry breast feeding that's were I go and pump out milk and then let her suck on the nipple to avoid her from drinking any milk and dropping her heart rate. Hunter had other plans. Hunters stimulation on my breast, which typically doesn't produce enough milk for the demand, created milk that she drank with no problem. The Occupational Therapists thought this was a good time to test Hunter and see if she could start drinking from the bottle. I tried not to stress Hunter out about the up coming test but we are on the honor roll. This puts Hunter 3 weeks ahead of schedule. OT sat down with Hunter, gave her the bottle of breast milk and Hunter drank 4cc's of milk. Then she fell asleep. The poor baby is just to little to work so hard for food. OT decided that they would test her once a week and not force the issue. They want eating to be enjoyable for Hunter and not hard work. Hunter is now 3lbs and 4oz's. I'm able to take her out and hold her as much as I want. I can't stop holding and kissing her. They took a swab of the inside of her nose to test for MRSA so she can come off of contact isolation. All this time the nurses have been putting on gowns and gloves just to touch her. So far the culture shows no MRSA present. Hunter is such a happy baby. She smiles and when she lets out a little cry she soothes her self to sleep. When she hears mommy talking she tries to open her eyes but she is so sleepy one eye opens to look at me then slowly closes. With all her hurdles jumped and just weight and age to be gained Charles and I think Hunter is coming out before her due date of July 17th. So for the next few weeks we will be scrambling to try and get our affairs in order. We will lose our 24 hour, highly trained baby sitters and gain one of God's many miracles.

No comments: