Monday, May 5, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

This was a very good week for Hunter. Her breathing has been excellent. Hunter is now able to wear the nasal cannula (small tubing) for oxygen while kangarooing with me. Now I can see her whole face without some big apparatus on it. Hunter now is able to place her whole face on my chest without restraints. I can pick up my baby girl without any fear of hurting her. Hunter's weight is a little over 2lbs. The typical preemie behavior of having bradicardia (low heart rate) has lessened. On Sunday Hunter started back on her feedings of breast milk. She started at 2cc's every 3 hours and will increase every 6 hours. Hunter will be back to her full amount of 17cc's by the end of the week. All of her x-rays of her belly and lungs along with her ultra sound of her head look great. She doesn't need daily blood draws any more. Hunter is more alert. Playing with her face and toes. When I talk to her she raises her eye brows or opens her eyes. I hate when I have to leave her. I always feel like I'm going to miss some new twitch or facial expression. With all of this good progress comes a little set back, in my eyes. Since Hunter is so stable all the great one on one attention that she has been getting from the nurses is over. I will admit I was getting spoiled with all the attention as well. Now Hunter has to share the nurse with another baby. It's not a medical set back but Hunter and I don't like it. I loved the fact that a well qualified nurse was watching the love of my life exclusively, 24 hours a day. I'm over doing it but I was spoiled rotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Power Of God is amazing! We wanna see her beautiful face please put some recent pix of her ASAP!

Love Always,
Rachel,GGPW