Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Hunter Finds Her Voice
I have good and not so good news. First the not so good news. The culture of Hunter's nose swab came back and she still is colonized with MRSA. This isn't new news the Dr.s thought there might be a change and Hunter could of come off of contact isolation. The good news is yesterday Hunter drank 10cc's of breast milk with a bottle and today 9cc's without any breathing problems. Drinking from the bottle tuckers her out and she sleeps for the rest of the day. Physical Therapy came and worked with Hunter on Passive Range of Motion (moving her arms and legs). PT said Hunter is a very easy going baby. I've noticed that Hunter will make sucking noises with her lips right before her feeding. I guess that's a sign that she's hungry. So that's the time that I do dry breastfeeding and she latches on for about 10 min. The other day Daddy and I got to bath Hunter for the first time. We had such a good time bathing and loving on her, unfortunately she didn't share our excitement. Today Hunter found her voice and she knows how to use it. I checked her position, her diaper, I rocked her, finally I gave her the pacifier and she settled and went to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment