Monday, May 19, 2008

Growth Spirts

Hunter is growing so fast I can hardly keep up with her. She is eating 24 cc's of breast milk every 3 hours. That comes out to 8 feedings a day. Hunter is almost eating like a big girl but my breast milk is still preemie. Shelby (nurse) tells me that this is common with premature babies. I still feel like I'm not doing my part. I've tried the herbs and even got a prescription from my Dr. The only thing that I can do now is pray and let God's will be done. I should of included that in my prayers along time ago. Every day that I see her, she changes just a little. The growth process is amazing. Sleep does a body good. She has short periods of time when she is wide awake and looking all around. Hunter is able to maintain her own body temperature. She doesn't have the heater on in her bed. Hunter normally wears micro preemie diapers. Today she graduated to the big girl preemie diapers. They are to big for her little booty but she fills it with other things. I have one confession, I get jealous when I call the nurses for an update and they say Hunter is awake and looking at them. When she is finally home I don't think I will take my eyes off of her.

2 comments:

nurselovescoke said...

Anonymous said...
HUNTER GRACIE YOU ARE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GREAT GRANDDAUGHTER I WISH I WAS CLOSE ENOUGH JUST TO GET A GLIMPSE OF YOU AND TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE TRULY AN ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN.
MOM AND DAD ENJOY YOUR BLESSINGS!
ALL MY LOVE AND PRAYERS TO YOUR FAMILY.

G.G. GOE

May 20, 2008 4:02 PM

nurselovescoke said...

Anonymous said...
oooooh she's such a chubba wubba! Im so glad they have freed her from her tubal restraints!

Love U

Rachel,GGPW FO LIFE!

May 23, 2008 2:05 AM