Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Breathing Gracefully
All good things come to those who wait. I never thought it would happen, Hunter is free from the nasal cannula. This is the tube that kept Gracie breathing. I walked in the NICU this morning with my regular routine of saying hello to the nurses, washing my hands and placing my bottles of pumped breast milk on the table. I walked over to Hunters crib and bent down to kiss her and almost gaged. She was breathing all on her own. Her face is so beautiful. Now she has to eat all meals by mouth then she'll be free from her nasal gastric tube. Hunters' weight is 6lbs and she drinks 52 cc's of milk every 3 hours. She is so close to coming home I can imagine her in her bassinet then the Thomas family can push the play button. Thank you Lord Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To the charles and Tahsa thomas family, her face shines like the stars in the heavens. God said watch me work.
Love G Mom
Post a Comment