Monday, June 23, 2008
2 Steps From Home
Hunter is progressing every day. Today she is 5lbs, 3oz. Hunter takes 6 bottles by mouth and 2 through her feeding tube that goes in her nose and down to her tummy. She still has her oxygen nasal cannula in her nose set at 25 ml. The next step is for Hunter to breath completely on her own. The one issue that she continues to have is refluxing after her meals. Hunter doesn't completely vomit but she hiccups and a little food comes halfway up her throat and causes her pulse to drop. I sit with Hunter every day and I hold her upright on my chest to alleviate the reflux. Every day that Hunter improves is a day closer to taking her home. Charles and I had a meeting with Hunters' medical team. We discussed Hunters goals and discharge planning. Hunter will go home possible within the next 2-3 weeks. She will go home with a few medications for her lungs and for her reflux. Along with supplements for weight gain and iron. Hunter might have vision problems due to the extended use of oxygen. At this point she might have to wear glasses. God has been great to the Thomas family and if this is all that she has when she comes home we are truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Thomas family. I am so proud to read how well Hunter is doing and yes your right, my son is now 13 yrs old and began wearing glasses in the 3rd grade. Just about all us Norton's wear glasses so it is bound to hit your side if it hasnt already. All my kids spit up and I have reflux problems to this day. So what I am saying is, God yes, those are just another way of life and we all are truly blessed with Hunters presence. May God continue to bless you all.
In Him,
Ireane
Love you all
Post a Comment