Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our Champ

Today was a very good day. There was a new word used to describe Hunter today. Her nurse practitioner, coincidentally named Tasha called her a champ. They did another ultrasound on her brain and again there was no bleeding which is excellent. They will monitor it long term but for now no more ultrasounds during the next few weeks. They also did one on her heart to make sure the PDA was closed and it was. They are slowly weening her off the respirator, and she had another huge milestone. They fed her through her tube a half cc of Tasha's colostrum which will help Hunters immune system. They will closely monitor her stomach to see if she is able to digest it and we will find out the results tomorrow. She also had her first stool today. As you can see she had a very busy day. She is progressing well and we are starting to become very optimistic because the staff says she is exceeding their expectations. We attribute it to everyone's prayers. Thank you for the comments, the prayers, the e-mails, and letters. Tasha and I will continue to pray and again we cannot thank everyone enough.

3 comments:

SandiD said...

I just read Thursday's report. PRAISE GOD!!! God's Word says the seed of the righteous is blessed. Charles and Tasha, you are God's righteous therefore your seed -- Baby Hunter Grace - is blessed with all the promises of God.

Know that even though there are those of us you are not physically with you, we are connected heart and spirit and we are cheering with every wonderful report that you post. Charles, I personally want to express my appreciate for you keeping us updated on Hunter's progress.

I continue to stand in agreement through prayer for Hunter to continue exceeding the doctor's expectations!!!

Love to you all,
Auntie Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for another blessed day. Although my eyes are filled with tears, they are filled with "Grace". Thank you Lord for delivering another moment of joy and reminding Tasha, Hunter & Charles of your presence.
To Hospital staff, we send much love to you all. I know God is not only guiding your hands but your hearts as well... God bless all of you.
Aint he good....

Anonymous said...

As I received the call on Sunday morning, I revisited a time that I felt no one would or could ever understand, you see my son was born a year ago at 26 weeks, as Robin was giving me the information over the phone the tears rolled down my face not from sadness but from joy because I know prayer changes things! I told Robin she is going to be fine, as we hung up the phone Mark and I began to pray for Hunter, we know God is good and worthy to be praised. She is a miracle and a blessing. Never get discouraged, never have doubt, because doctors know medicine, but you know the God you serve.

Thank God and be Blessed with every praise report, be joyous and let God work his miracles.

I can tell you from experience and reading her praise report she is a fighter and she needed to get here Tasha so you could love her sooner she just didn't want to wait anymore.

It seems as though you have great hospital staff and this will be very important over the next few months.

I know this journey all to well,The emotions, the Joy, the why me, but only God has the answers.


Tasha, Charles our prayers are with you and Hunter Grace and July 17th will be here before you know it. If you need anything I am not far away, if you ever just want to talk call me anytime!

Tasha, I have an outstanding Preemie Book that takes you from Birth to 3 years giving to me by the Hospital if you don't get it let me know it is very detailed and easy to follow it was very helpful in the NICU and beyond,
I also have other beneficial info you may need, for some reason they keep this information from us, but I had a beautiful christian lady that helped me get through this and I can pass all the info I have to you and Charles.


I love you both,

Eakita Monet West