Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24

Overall, today was a good day. We were hopping to have Tasha discharged today but she will be discharged from Inland Valley tomorrow despite being able to walk about. I visited Hunter and she is breathing on her own about 90 percent of the time, and the test from the ultrasound of her brain found no bleeding. While they were doing the ultrasound on her heart she was very agitated. She cried and moved around a lot. Her vitals remained stable but afterwards she needed a little help from the ventilator because she exhausted herself from moving so much. All the nurses agree she is a very strong girl. They told me there would be a lot of ups and downs over the next few months. There will be good days like today and challenging days to come. It takes a lot of energy for an infant this small to survive, and there will be days she needs more assistance than others. Tasha will be able to see the baby tomorrow. Here is the link to the unit she is in. http://www.chsd.org/body.cfm?id=35&action=detail&ref=28 If she can continue to progress than the earliest we would be able to take her home is July 17th, her original due date. We will be praying.

2 comments:

KAREN4SUCCESS said...

**Charles, I love this page. It is so awesome ans so are you !!!
**Baby Hunter Grace Thomas, WELCOME to the family. Tasha and Charles, Hunter is truley a blessing on a very special day, resurection day!!
I am so proud of the stregnth that the two of you have as a married couple.
**Tasha, I know as well as everyone one else who knows you.... you are an amazing woman. An amazing woman who will be a wonderful mother. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers daily. Continue to have faith in God,read your scriptures, and speak only positive words over baby Hunter. I am so Excited, I'll be there soon. I love you guys. Eddie said "hello and congrats". more pics please ;-D

Anonymous said...

Hey Tasha! Auntie Renee here! Mom(Goe) told me about Hunter's birth and, of course, I was very happy for you. A precious little girl! I've read the blogs and the updates are really nice to follow baby's progress. I immediately prayed for Hunter that she remain strong and fight every step of the way, and that all angels watching over her focus their attention on helping to pull her through this fight she has ahead of her. It's been a very long time since I've seen you, however, you have always been in my thoughts over the years. Best of everything to you, Charles and Baby Hunter, and God Bless you all with a long, healthy and happy life together. I will continue to visit your wonderful website for updates. Thank you for allowing us to enter your world through the postings.

Auntie Renee