Saturday, March 29, 2008

One Week Down A Lifetime To Go.

Tomorrow morning at 2:00 Hunter will officially be 1 week old. With the help of everyone's prayers and the blessing of God she has overcome some big hurdles during her first week in this world. Today we spoke with another one of the women that airlifted her out. This was the first time she had seen Hunter since last Sunday. She said in her 14 years of doing this she had never seen a "23 weeker" come out of the womb with as much spunk and tenacity as Gracey (her mothers nickname for Hunter) did. Coupled with the bleeding and the local anaesthesia she didn't anticipate that much energy from her. She also said that some newborns no matter the age are just destined to survive and Hunter definitely falls into that category. That word destiny really stuck with me. Reflecting back on the entire pregnancy from all the complications, her miracle birth and her first week in this world, I can truly say with confidence that the events that have led up to her being here were no accident. She was truly destined by God to be with us. We have so many stories of how groups have gathered to pray for her, how her story has captivated and touched a tremendous amount of people. This site was originally created to keep our families and friends abreast of what was going on because we did not have enough time in the day to get to everyone. We had no idea that we would get such a tremendous response and affect so many lives. She has truly touched our lives. She has inspired, brought about tears, joy and hope. She has some upcoming hurdles to overcome that are all part of the development of a preemie but with continuous prayer, the hand of God, and her divine tenacity she will prosper and July 17th will come sooner than we think. Tasha and I again would like to thank everyone who is praying for her and we attribute her sustained progress to your prayers.

7 comments:

bigbrother said...

Its Hassan Gracy's big bro and I'm very happy with her progress I finally have my dream person if that sounds wierd I'm pretty much saying I'm happy she's here and gratful she'sso healthy


Love,Hassan

Grandmotherlinda said...

Goodmorning Gracey, it's sunday morning and all I can think about is you.
This is your sunday pray Matt.21,13 " My house shall be called a house of prayer", says the Lord:" in it everyone who asks receives: and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be open".
the Lord be with you. And with your spirit.
Love
G-Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracey, it's 11:59 at night I have been waiting for your father to update us on the latest information about you for today. I am so glad your parents are letting your family and friends in on your progress.
I love you
G-mom Linda

Anonymous said...

Grandmotherlinda said...
Hi Gracey, just so you know to day is your Aunt Rachel birthday. Now I have two ladies born in march.
Love G- mom Linda

SandiD said...

Hi..

Gracy's pictures are soooo beautiful!!! How amazing she is. Amazing Grace!

Just wanted to touch base with you all after reading the latest blog. You all are continually in my prayers.
Love,

Auntie Sandi

Anonymous said...

To the Thomas family, I love this poem and i hope you will love it to.
GOD SAID

If you never felt pain, then how would you know that I'm a Healer?

If you never went through difficulties, how would you know that I'm a Deliverer?

If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an overcomer?

If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I'm a Comforter?

If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I'm forgiving?

If you knew it all, how would you know that I will answer your questions?

If you never were in trouble, how would you know that I will come to your
rescue?

If you never were broken, then how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem, how would you know that I can solve them?

If you never had any suffering, then how would you know what Jesus went through?

If y ou never went through the fire, then how would you become pure?

If I gave you all things, how would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?

If you had all power, then how would you learn to depend on me?

If your life was perfect, then what would you need Me for?

THANK YOU, GOD!

Unknown said...

Gracy you are a special gift from God. You look so cute just like your auntie. You are famous now, you have your own website.

I can't wait to hold you.

Love you

Auntie Joany