Friday, June 6, 2008
Milestones
Hunter is crossing milestones left and right. Today she weights 4lbs. Hunter is eating 36cc's of breast milk every 3 hours. For the past week she has been breast feeding or drinking from the bottle 4 times a day. Hunter has a pattern where she has to play on the nipple before she gets down to business. Hunter wears her own cloths now. My favorite outfit is lavender and it says daddy's little princess. Hunters' latest challenge is to get off of the nasal cannula oxygen. She is on a very low flow of oxygen but the few times that they turn it down she starts having labored breathing. Even though Hunter is 3 weeks ahead of schedule I feel like those moms who push their kids into beauty pagents. I always want more for her. Hunters' two NICU moms (Shelby & Jill) keep me grounded. These two great nurses have taught me so much about Hunters' care that when they're off I'm so independent the fill in nurses really don't have anything to do. I really do appreciate all of the NICU staff and often think how lost I'll be when Hunter comes home. I guess my nursing and mommy skills will have to kick in. Every day that I sit with Hunter she changes and matures. Today I came back from lunch and gave her a bath which normally poops her out but today she was wide awake and wanted to eat. She has hunger signs like putting her fist in her mouth and smacking her lips. I put her to my breast and without any playing she went at it like a champion. Watching Hunter breast feed so instinctively always reminds me that no matter how much we evolve our animal instinct is what keeps us alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Hunter it was your mother birthday this weekend so I can to san diego to see her and you.
I can see that you already have your own way of doing things and leting your care givers know, when you don't like something. You are angel sent from God, we all love you and wait ,for the day you come home. Iam glad your mother is leting you wear some of the blanets and outfits that I have been giving her. One of the blanets I had a special friend put your name on it .
O God, Whose mercies are numberless, graciously receive our humble prayers, and we will confess Your name, our Lord.
Amen
Love G-Mom
Post a Comment