Wednesday, June 11, 2008
The Big Girl Crib
Today was a glorious day. It started off normal. I walked in to the entrance of the NICU and called the nurse on the phone so she could let me in to the unit. I looked in the window and I couldn't see Hunters' isolete. I then realized they put her in a crib. A big girl crib. I was so happy. I rushed to wash my hands and ran in the unit. Hunter looked so cozy wrapped in her blankets lying in the crib. I couldn't hold back the tears of joy. The only problem with her being in an open crib is I can't stop touching her. Hunter weights 4lbs and 9oz. She is on the low flow oxygen with nasal cannula on a rate of 50. The next step with the oxygen is to turn her down to a rate of 25 then to take her off the nasal cannula completely. Hunter is breast feeding twice daily. The NICU has bought a scale that measures her before she breast feeds then after she breast feeds. The scale will tell you in cc's how much milk Hunter has drank. Hunter is up to 38cc's of milk every 3 hours. She drank a full bottle of milk for me last night. Then she let out a loud manly burp. If every thing goes well Hunter could be home as early as 3 weeks. She is doing so well. It's amazing to see the daily transformation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yea, what a great milestone...that is a very exciting step:) i am so happy! she is so close to going home and being at your finger tips 24/7. the nicu will soon be a distant memory to you:)
love, auntie shelby
Post a Comment